Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Romans 8:38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Once again I chose a verse about the love of God. Notice how absolutely nothing separates me from this love-it is always there waiting for me to receive it.

Why are verses on God's love my favorites? Because there have been times that I didn't believe He could love me. I had forgotten that for love to be shared it must be received.

Let me illustrate:

When I went to Bible College, I met my now husband, Bill. For our first date, we went to Niagara Falls in Canada! It was a Sunday school outing, so we rode the bus for a couple of hours, ate breakfast together, and arrived at the Falls around noon. Bill treated me to lunch, bought me a book, (one of my biggest pastimes!) and took me for a ride on the Maid of the Mist. He watched over me and once, when I stumbled, he kept me from falling. He cared for others on that trip also--I saw a kind generous man. Spending that day together was all it took for me to know he was extra special.


But I had almost said "No".


Think of what I would have missed:

     1.   A spectacular destination
     2.   A special relationship
     3.   A helper
     4.   My children
     5.   Friends and new family

Now think about God's love. What is it that causes us to say "No, God I don't want your kind of love."? Do we realize what we are missing when we do? God's love is always available, but do I reject His offer because I don't like the Way He has chosen? What if I had said "no" to Bill
because I had to ride on a bus?....What will we miss if we say "No" to God?...

John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment