Monday, February 16, 2015

Isaiah 12:2

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

I love that I can trust God and not be afraid. He never lies.He has perfect love--no one on earth has ever been able to touch the empty places in my heart and fill them with joy like Jesus has. Even though I have had many friendships, a wonderful husband, and caring parents, no one could totally understand or fill all my need.

Just a small example:

Ever since I was a child and saw a tree blow over in my Grandmother's front yard, I have been afraid of wind. Last night the wind was howling. It woke me up and I felt the anxiety begin; however, I remembered that Jesus controlled the wind and I also remembered the words: "Peace, be still!" The wind didn't stop, but my heart calmed and I returned to sleep. No one else even knew I was afraid at that moment--even if they had known they could not have calmed my fear because they did not control the wind.

God is my strength--in all areas of my life I must depend on him.

He is my song--not just any song but a song of overcoming! A praise song glorifying Jesus for transforming my heart and continuing to reveal more of His great love and grace.





No comments:

Post a Comment