The Guessing Game
Ever learning yet never coming
Truth outside your reach
Depending on your own understanding
With faith you will not seek
You like to run to others with
What you suppose is true
But soon will come the judgment day
Your playing you will rue
Listen to the Master’s call
Do you not hear your name?
Trust His mighty work of grace
Stop playing the guessing game
1. Mary Magdalene guessed that someone had stolen the body
2. Mary Magdalene supposed that Jesus was the gardener
3. She would not stop to listen to anyone else—the angels barely got a word in edgewise!
4. She was focusing on the supposed problem instead of seeking to God for the answer
5. Asking questions is a good way to get people to stop and listen to themselves
6. Be still—listen to God’s Word for your problem
7. When you know—then go!