Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Romans 5:8

On Facebook, I had a friend challenge me to share seven of my favorite verses. I thought I might bring that challenge to this blog also.

#1. Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

This verse is special to me because it proves that I do not earn God's love. Because I am a sinner by birth and by nature and God is completely holy, there was a blockade between us. His love gave Jesus to shed his blood to take my sins out of the way. He still lets me choose if I will accept His love. So glad I received this gift by believing His Word.

I am still learning the depth and heighth and breadth of this amazing Love. Now I hope others find how thrilling God's love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment