Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Threefold Cord



A Threefold Cord

Faith

        Hearing the voice of my Gracious Father
        Leaving self-pity, my spirit grows calmer
        Following closely, awaiting His answer
        Letting Him author the days and the hours

Hope

        Looking forward with glad anticipation
        Pressing toward Christ, my footsteps hasten
        Seeing the future--Heaven's happy occasion
        Holding confidence in Him--a sure persuasion

Love

        Reaching out to share God's awesome care
        Showing others joy--not deep, dark despair
        Overcoming selfishness--my constant prayer
        Giving graciously to everyone, everywhere



And now abideth faith, hope, and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
I Cor. 13:13    

No comments:

Post a Comment