Monday, October 21, 2013

A New View of an Old Story

Exodus 14:21, 27
      "And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided."
      "And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea."


I think that I must be very unobservant. This story has been told to me all my life; however, I never noticed some of the descriptions of what was really happening.

1.  I didn't realize that they crossed at night!  So many of the hard things that happen are magnified by darkness.  Sometimes our emotions enter darkness--the good news is that God makes a path in the sea!
The darkness is there at times, but so is His presence--both behind and before us.

2.  They needed to walk into the wind.  When eagles fly, they fly into the wind. To win the victory in life, we need to face the storm.  This was not like a walk in the park--the Israelites needed to trust God.

3.  Some of the Israelites that had reached safety could still see their loved ones being chased by the enemy.  They needed to trust God to bring them across the sea.  Imagine how they must have felt!

4.  Victory came in the morning!  Everyone was safe. The enemy was destroyed in the sea-the very thing that seemed overwhelming.  I can trust God's character to help me grow in the Red Sea crossings that I face. He knows exactly what I need to be a success--mostly it is just more of Him.  So glad He loves me.

5.  The victory song was personal.  God wants a personal relationship--not a show and tell.  Do I praise Him or do I seek praise from others?  So glad that He is MY strength--because I am so very weak, MY song--because I crave  music for my soul, and MY salvation--because I am a sinner who accepted the Saviour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment