- A servant's heart for God Luke 22:24-27
- An understanding of why we believe what we believe (Good doctrine) II Tim. 2:15
- An ability to communicate this message to others both with written and spoken words. This may also include learning other languages. Matt 28:19-20
- A good work ethic Prov. 10:4
- Compassion/Charity as opposed to hypocrisy I Cor. 13
As I look over these goals, I realize that I stress the less important subjects. Although they need the core skills, these are eating away all the time that could be spent learning the skills for life. If anyone learned the five things that have been listed here, they would have the ability to learn anything else they needed.
How do I go about accomplishing these goals:
- I become a servant of God. If they do not have an example, they will not be able to follow.
- Start Bible study time--one doctrine at a time from the Bible.
- Read well written books to my children and have them start writing their own thoughts in a journal. Another goal is to learn sign language.
- Make work fun! Reward a job well done! When a job is given little effort, they lose the reward.
- Here, again, it is all about example. If I am selfish and complaining about giving, they will be also. I need to be a cheerful giver of my time and substance.