Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I CAN'T DO IT!

Gen. 12:1-3

There is almost always a point in life where God shows us that we are not in charge. Sometimes we may have the illusion of being in control, but soon life crashes in and even those we love cannot help us out of the mess. I like this Scripture. God is giving Abraham some great promises that I think we can apply to circumstances today.

  1. I will shew thee--Why do we go to other sources for direction? God will show us the way! His will is clearly outlined in the Bible. His individual will for our lives will be disclosed only one step at a time...what does God want you to do NOW? If we take care of the NOW with obedience, God will take care of the future.
  2. I will make of thee--God has a wonderful plan for my life and the right tools to make it what he wants it to be. Some of those tools may be sorrow or pain. That doesn't mean that God is cruel. It is part of the building process. I would rather be what he wants to make me than what I can make of myself.
  3. I will bless thee and make thy name great--I want God's blessing and I want a good reputation but that will not happen automatically. I need God. I need him all the time--constantly reminding me of his directions, consistently working on all areas of my life and confirming his love to me through his Word.

I can't be a good wife. I can't be a good mom. I can't be a good christian. Only God can make me those things by shewing me his path, making me according to His plan and blessing me with Spiritual blessings. Why? Not so that I can be some hot shot--but so that I can be a blessing to others. Abraham and his family were a blessing to the whole world. Just think about what God could do with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment