Friday, April 25, 2014

Trusting God

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.". Hebrews 11:6

A good definition of faith is dependence. When I sit in a chair, I depend on it to hold me up. It is the same with God. I stop trusting my own perspective and trust Christ--the way, the truth, and the life. So many religions teach that my spiritual success depends on something I do. God teaches me that He provided for this success in Christ's shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection. He took my sin punishment and all I need is to trust His promise.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the  Lord shall be saved." Ro. 10:13

God is teaching me that faith is a daily way of living also. It is so freeing to take all my thoughts and feelings to Him. He listens with infinite understanding and love. His Word shows me the truth of how I should feel. Faith is knowing that God is interested in my whole life and can use even hurtful things to make something beautiful. "O for grace to trust Him more".

No comments:

Post a Comment