Friday, August 16, 2013

Weeping

John 11:35 "Jesus wept."
 
  The shortest verse in the Bible is also one of the most powerful.Jesus truly cared for those He served. He carried a burden of love.  Other examples of this are Jeremiah, Moses, and Paul. Do I love at this level? Am I selfish in my service? Do I see the pain in the eyes of others? Studying I Cor. 13 has been very convicting. Instead of seeing with my human understanding, may I look at others with the compassion of Christ--and weep. 

My Soul

Character, Conviction, Consciousness
One's life
Christ's love indwelling compelling to care

Shall Weep

Dripping, dropping Downpours
Deep Sadness
My hurting heart splashing soundlessly from my eyes

In Secret Places

Forest, Field, and Ocean Front
Everywhere
My passionate prayer reaches upward to Heaven

For You      
  

Based on Jer. 13:17, Is. 53:4-5, John 11:35

No comments:

Post a Comment