Friday, August 30, 2013

On Being Broken

      Why do we hide our brokenness? Are we afraid to be real? Do we realize that every person has broken pieces and needs love and concern--not our hypocritical piousness? In James 5:16 it tells us, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.  The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." So thankful that I have a Heavenly Father willing to love my broken pieces!




                            Sea   Glass
                  

Broken…

            No longer the object that I once was
                     A jagged piece of nothing
                              Refused and useless.

Overwhelmed…

          Sinking deeper and deeper into the dark green
                    Salt wearing away the sharp edges
                                Tossed and bruised.

Lonely…

      Thrown on the sand by a burst of sea foam
                      No one can reach me
                                 On an island…solo
                  
               Treasured...
            
             Leather sandals on the beach
                      The Artist’s wounded hands lift
                                   Me up….
                  
                         Beautiful


Psalm 139:17-18 and 23-24
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

 John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment