Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Holding My Father's Hand

So often when I’m weary--

Life’s struggles get me down

Circumstances overwhelm

I feel like I will drown

 

I need the calm assurance

Of my Father’s gentle care

I will seek His face in Scripture

And kneel to Him in prayer

 

It is there that He reminds me

That He will always hold my hand

I will trust in Him completely

To walk the path He’s planned

 

I feel His peace surround me

I can even find a song

For I’m walking with my Father

And His hand is very strong

 

**********

 

Psalms 139:10 

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Isa 41:10 

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 

Isa 26:3-4 

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: 

Psalms 23:3-5 

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment