Monday, January 11, 2016

"Be of good cheer" "Be of a good courage" "Be of good comfort"

Be of good cheer
1.  Thy sins be forgiven Matt. 9:2
2.  It is I, be not afraid Matt. 14:27
3.  I have overcome the world John 16:33
4.  God has a purpose for his children Acts 23:11
5.  God keeps his promises Acts 27:25

All of these things are claimed by faith in God's Word!

Forgiveness is claimed by faith admitting that my sin put Jesus on the cross and then trusting that He shed His blood, died, was buried, and rose again to save me! 
By faith I listen to His teaching and obey. 
By faith I accept Jesus' help to be successful over the sin nature. (Growing in grace)
By faith I discover His Purpose for my individual life. By faith I claim each promise according to His Word.

"Daughter, be of good comfort, thy faith hath made thee whole..." Matt. 9:22

Jesus said these words to a woman that came to Him by faith for a miracle. She depended on Him.

In the Old Testament, Joshua was told to "Be of a good courage".  God would be with him! Joshua had God's Word to follow! 

God is so good!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment