Sunday, April 5, 2015

To Follow His Example

You suffered from the very beginning

From the Robes of Glory to scratchy manger hay
From the power of God to weakness made of clay
From the Father's Beloved Son to Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief

Yet, You came

Taking from the Father's hand to supply the needs of others
Walking meek and lowly--a servant to your brothers
Bleeding and Dying on Calv'ry's Cross--Risen again to reach the lost

Therefore

 God hath highly exalted You
He's given you a Precious Name:
The Way, the Life, the Truth

**********

May I, too, this suffering choose
To follow You, the world I lose
Bearing Your burden I take up my cross
To know Christ is gain--all else is loss

I Peter 2:21
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.

I Peter 1:3-8    Phil. 3:10

No comments:

Post a Comment