Thursday, March 26, 2015

Faith, Hope, Charity


Failing to find peace in the life that I
           make
Acknowledging sin, my way I forsake
Inspecting God's Word, its path to take
Turning to Jesus Who died for my sake
Having true peace, His life I partake


Happily anticipating a joyful end
Opening the Book that God did send
Promised blessings of my Faithful Friend
Exercising confidence--on Him I depend

                  And

Crying over the sufferer's plight
Humbly serving in Jesus' might
Asking that sinners receive their sight
Rejoicing in The Truth, The Light
Iniquity causing me no delight
Taking reproach without holding a spite
Yearning that others come out of the  
           night

And now abideth faith, hope, and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
        I Corinthians 13:13

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
          I John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment